Maramaratotara Bay Track
- Turn left from Flaxmill and walk along Purangi Road for approx. 600m.
- A signpost on the left side of the road indicates the Maramaratotara walkway track.
- Follow the bush track up, over and down the hill until you reach Back Bay on the other side. This track can be slippery and there are a few tree roots to be careful of. Along the way are some benches to enjoy the views (and take a rest).
- When you reach Back Bay, follow the walkway around to Whitianga Rock and the historic Maori Pa site, then continue on to the wharf at Ferry Landing.
- Follow the main road back around back to Flaxmill.