Flaxmill's Terms & Conditions
Flaxmill seeks your co-operation to ensure your stay with us, and the stay of other guests, is an enjoyable one. In making a booking with us, you are agreeing to all Terms and Conditions below. These are subject to change without notice.
Conditions of Occupancy
Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm (for check in outside these times, please phone us in advance).
Check out: 10.00am (unless by prior arrangement with Management).
No smoking or vaping: Any smoking or vaping must be undertaken outside our grounds.
Speed limit: 5km (walking pace) for all vehicles at all times. Please be mindful of children.
Noise policy: For the happiness and relaxation of all our guests please consider your neighbours and keep noise to a respectable level. Quiet time is from 10.30pm.
Alcohol/drugs: Alcohol can only be consumed in your allocated unit/campsite. Excessive drinking and loud parties is forbidden. Illegal drugs are not permitted at any time; immediate removal from Flaxmill will result.
No fires: Fires, fireworks, candles/naked flames are not permitted. Any BBQs must be electric or gas.
Pets: Sorry, no pets (except Service Dogs) permitted.
Children: Parental control and active supervision of children is required at all times.
Visitors: All visitors must check in at the Office and leave the grounds by 10.00pm.
Parking: Maximum of 2 vehicles (including boats) per House/Campsite or 1 vehicle per Cottage/Cabin. Some overflow parking may be available at additional cost. If available, these are sold on a first-in, first-served basis and we advise advance booking over our busy peak dates.
Wi Fi, Mobile Coverage & Power: Wi-Fi is complimentary for staying guests. We can make no guarantee on the signal quality or speed. Mobile Coverage in the region can be compromised during peak periods and occasionally there can be local power outages. We accept no liability for these factors as they are outside our direct control.
Weather etc. Sometimes unexpected circumstances can cause inconvenience during your stay. We will deal with anything within our control in a diligent manner. We accept no liability for situations outside of our direct control and no refunds/credits will be given.
Boats: In consideration of other guests, when flushing out boat motors, this is to be restricted to the boat wash down area between the hours of 10.00am - 4.30pm.
Campers: Must use the communal facilities provided in the central block, not those in a House or Cottage.
Tents: Tents must be erected within 1.5 metres from the boundary of the marked “Campsite” booked. Due to fire safety regulations, there must be at least 3 metres between any tent or campervan. If plugging into power you must have an approved RCD safety switch lead at least 10m in length. Management reserves the right to unplug any connection that does not comply with regulations.
Campervans & Caravans: All Caravans/Campervans must have a current warrant of fitness and comply with NZS3001:2008 and LPG Standard NZS 5428:2006. They must have their own wastewater container. Chemical toilets must be emptied at the Dump Station.
Rubbish: Please sort recyclable materials (glass, paper, cardboard, plastic & tins) into recycling bins. General waste is to be disposed of in the black rubbish bins next to the recycling.
Health & Safety: A First Aid Kit is available at the Office. All accidents on site must be reported to the Office as soon as possible. Guests and visitors are responsible for taking practicable steps to ensure their own safety while staying at Flaxmill.
Flaxmill Management reserves the right to cancel tenancy of any person or group who, in our opinion, are behaving in an objectionable manner or are contravening our Conditions of Occupancy. There will be no refund of money paid or credit given.
BOOKING terms & conditions
Bookings are a contract between Flaxmill Bay Hideaway Ltd. (Flaxmill) and the Lead Guest (18 years +) noted on the booking and are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Bookings are not transferable to others. The Lead Guest must occupy the unit/campsite for the duration of the contract and is responsible for all occupants in (or visitors to) the unit/campsite. There is only 1 account per booking.
- All units and campsites are allocated at Flaxmill's discretion.
- If a guest chooses to check out before the departure date of their booking, no refund or credit will be given. Flaxmill reserves the right to re-let the unit/campsite to another party (no refund or credit will be given).
- Maximum people occupancy: 6 per Campsite, 6 per House, 2 per Cottage and 3 per Explorer Cabin.
- Bookings are accepted in good faith based on the information you provide to us. For booking changes that will impact the total amount payable, and/or contravene any of our booking conditions (e.g. guest numbers, minimum night requirements), you are obliged to notify Flaxmill at least 30 days before arrival so the total amount payable can be adjusted. All Peak and event booking changes must be made via email/in writing to Flaxmill.
- Guest number changes outside of 30-day notification period: If the number of people staying in the unit/campsite exceeds the number declared in your booking and this impacts on the rates charged, additional costs will apply. If the number of people falls below, no refund or credit will be given.
- Accommodation bookings: The units are not serviced. It is expected that guests will keep their unit clean and tidy during their stay (cleaning products are provided). Flaxmill will clear rubbish and recycling bins and replace towels every 3 days. A full clean will be undertaken by Flaxmill after checkout.
- 'Bed with Breakfast': For guests who book a "Bed with Breakfast" package, Breakfast is not served on-site and is offered in collaboration with Eggsentric Cafe. A daily voucher (per booked person, excluding infants) will be given at check-in. This can be redeemed at Eggsentric from 9am - 12pm the following day. The voucher covers one item from their breakfast menu plus one hot beverage.
- Rates, minimum stays and our Peak Season date ranges are subject to change without notice.
- Flaxmill reserves the right to refuse any booking (without refund or credit) at our discretion.
DEPOSITS, PAYMENTS & BOOKING CONFIRMATIONS
Bookings are only confirmed once a non-refundable deposit has been paid. We do not hold bookings without a deposit for dates within our Peak season or Public Holiday and Special Event weekends. Outside of these times, we hold the right to remove any tentative bookings where the requested deposit has not been paid within 14 days.
Short notice bookings, where your arrival date is less than 14 days away, we require full payment before confirmation.
Payments can be made by Direct Credit or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard). Credit card payments will incur a 3% surcharge.
- Peak: 2 nights applicable rate
- Off Peak: 1 night applicable rate
- Events: 10% of total cost
Full Payment Due Dates:
- Peak: 60 days before arrival
- Off Peak: 30 days before arrival
- Events: 30-60 days before arrival (depending on event size and season)
If full payment is not received by the relevant due date, your booking will be treated as cancelled as per our cancellation policy below. Units/campsites cannot be accessed until full payment has been made.
- Deposits are non-refundable
- If cancelling more than 30 days before expected arrival date, any payments made (including the deposit) may be transferred to an alternative booking within 12 months of the cancelled booking. One transfer only.
- If cancelling within 30 days from expected arrival date, any payments made will be forfeited and no refunds, transfers or credit will be given.
- Credit card surcharges, late arrivals, early departures and "no shows" are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We recommend that you obtain travel insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances.
DAMAGE & BREAKAGES
For accommodation bookings, a valid credit card must be provided at check-in. This will be held as security against any damage/breakages to Flaxmill property caused by the Lead Guest and/or other occupants in (or visitors to) the unit(s) under the booking. Any damage or breakages must be reported to the Office immediately. Flaxmill reserves the right to recover associated costs of repairs, replacement items, cleaning costs and/or lost rental if the unit is made unavailable to incoming guests due to the actions of the Lead Guest and/or any other occupants under the booking. This may be charged to the credit card provided or billed to the Lead Guest.
Flaxmill will not accept responsibility for damage to, loss of, or theft of any property left on the premises, prior to, during or after any stay/event. The Lead Guest agrees to indemnify Flaxmill for any claims by any person for loss, injury or death or damage of any kind arising from the Lead Guest's use (or that of any occupant under the booking), which is caused or contributed to by the Lead Guest's negligence (or that of any occupant under the booking).
Not For Profit bookings (in addition to above)
Access to reduced rates for Not For Profit groups is provided to organisations registered with Big Toe Foundation, their staff/team members, and in certain situations (where mutually agreed), clients that the organisation is supporting. Acceptance of bookings under these rates is determined by the current framework set at www.flaxmillbay.co.nz/not-for-profit/ . This framework is subject to change at any time.
EVENT Bookings (in addition to above)
Bond: A bond is required for Event Centre bookings. This will be refunded in full (or in part) following our inspection the day following your event. Any breakages, property damage, missing items or extra cleaning will be charged at cost. The bond varies from $500 - $1000 depending on the size and nature of the event.
Bookings changes: For Exclusive Use events, a minimum of 60 days’ notice is required for any alterations that will affect the total amount payable. For smaller events, a minimum of 30 days’ notice is required. Increases to guest numbers or number of nights may be accepted subject to availability and the total amount payable altered accordingly. All event booking alterations need to be made in writing.
Servicing: The accommodation is not serviced. If you require a unit to be cleaned or “turned over” for a new guest arriving during your event, a cleaning fee will be charged. This varies depending on the unit type.
Event Centre Facilities: Flaxmill reserves the right to allocate and configure the Event Centre depending on the number of attendees declared. Unless the whole property is booked (Exclusive Use), other guests may be using the central block facilities and grounds. We ask that you are respectful of their requirements.
Dining/kitchen facilities: Where the whole Event Centre has been booked, in addition to meeting facilities, you will be given access to use; the required number of tables and chairs (as per your booking); the central kitchen and onsite catering equipment; plus table linen, crockery, cutlery and glassware for your group.
Catering and other services: Flaxmill is happy to help facilitate catering options and/or other services, however these services are outside of Flaxmill’s booking contract with you. You will be subject to the specific terms and payment requirements of the relevant service provider and we accept no responsibility for the quality of service provided by them. Third-party companies or contractors coming on-site are required to have active public liability insurance cover to a minimum value of $2 million. A copy of the appropriate insurance policy must be provided to Flaxmill prior to your arrival.
Lead Guest/Organiser responsibilities:
Lead Guests/Organisers are responsible for any damage sustained to equipment or premises by themselves, their guests or invitees, outside contractors or any other person attending the event, in any area of the park prior to, during and after the event.
Decorations & lighting: Must be approved prior to an event. Nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to any wall, door or other surface or buildings unless approved by Flaxmill. Flaxmill will take every care but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to your property prior to, during or after the Event.
Cleaning: It is the Lead Guest/Organiser’s responsibility to ensure the Event Centre is left in the same state in which it was found. This includes the washing up of all used crockery, cutlery and glassware.
Alcohol: Flaxmill does not supply or sell alcohol for events. You may bring your own, in which case you take on all liability of being a responsible host. No alcohol is to be sold onsite. The Organiser/Lead Guest is responsible for the management of alcohol consumption and ensuring no minors or intoxicated people are served.
Behaviour & Noise: The Lead Guest/Organiser agrees to conform to a standard of behaviour that is, at all times, acceptable and courteous to other Flaxmill guests and staff and that after 10.30pm, any noise is to be reduced to such a level that is consistent with local by-laws and/or Flaxmill's regulations. You acknowledge that any directions, in respect of behaviour or noise levels, from Flaxmill's Management shall be adhered to immediately. Flaxmill reserves the right to end your event if we believe it is not being conducted in an orderly and/or lawful manner. Flaxmill has no responsibility to you for any costs, damages or expenses that you may incur in relation to Flaxmill's termination of your event.