The newest additions to our deluxe holiday accommodation, 'Purangi' and 'Cathedral', have all the quality fixtures and fittings of our other Garden View Houses, but have been specifically designed for guests who are wheelchair users or have reduced mobility.
Sleeping up to 6 people (twin share), these two Houses offer an accessible main bathroom and kitchen, wide doorways, a generous deck and a dedicated mobility parking space with path access to the entrance.
our accessible HOUSEs offer...
- Spacious, wheelchair friendly accommodation open all year
- One-level with easy access from the deck area
- A bathroom with hand rails, a higher toilet and a roll in shower with fold down seat
- Wide doorways (800mm) and a kitchen with all equipment at or below bench height
- A dedicated mobility parking space within 20 metres of entrance
- 3 double bedrooms that can be configured to king beds or singles
- Dining area and lounge with TV/Freeview and a gas fireplace
- Free Wi-Fi (with data cap)
- Wide outdoor deck with a BBQ and seating area
- PLUS all the other amenities of our Garden View Houses
TIP: Passenger Ferry to WhitiangaThe large ferry, the Diana-Rose has full wheelchair access, however only runs 75% of the time. We recommend you contact the Ferry Master directly to check the operating schedule ahead of your trip.
TIP: Mobility ParkingIf you are catching the ferry, there are are 2 mobility parks at the Cemetery Car Park in Ferry Landing. If driving to Whitianga, there are many throughout the town. The mobile APP "Access Aware" is useful to pin point the exact location of these car parks.
TIP: Mercury Bay MuseumA great little museum for young and old located across the road from the wharf. It has wheelchair access and accessible toilet facilities.
TIP: The Lost Spring SpaWhile there are no lifting aids at the spa, if you have a caregiver with you and are able to swim, the sides of the pools slope away gently.
TIP: Cathedral CoveThe Cove track is not suitable for people with mobility difficulties and the tour boats have fixed seats so cannot cater for wheelchairs. Sea Cave Adventures offer boat tours around the coast from Whitianga Wharf, so if you can negotiate a small flight of steps, they can help you to a seat.
TIP: Waiau Water WorksThis quirky water activity park is fully wheelchair accessible and service dog friendly. There is even a mobility scooter available to use while on site.
TIP: Driving Creek RailwayAccess to the train is by a small flight of steps and a short walk. Full wheelchair access is available provided you book in advance and arrive early so the can adjust the train seating for your wheelchair.
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change at any time
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- ACCESSIBLE HOUSE bookings are subject to availability as there are only 2 onsite. Please let us know if you require these facilities when booking.
- CHECK IN 3.30pm - 6.30pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- MAXIMUM 6 people per House (including infants)
- INFANTS under 2 years no charge if not using a bed
- HIGH CHAIR AND COT available upon request (subject to availability)
- MAXIMUM 2 VEHICLES per House including boats (unless prior arrangement)
- NO TENTS can be erected on the House grounds
- SUMMER SEASON BOOKINGS: As the accommodation is rented out as holiday homes over the summer, they are not serviced. It is expected that guests will keep the accommodation clean and tidy during their stay (cleaning products are provided). Flaxmill staff will clear rubbish and recycling bins and replace towels every three days. A full clean will be undertaken by Flaxmill after checkout.
- FREE WI-FI available (with data cap)
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking site
- ALL BOOKINGS are subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions