mercury bay music festival 2018
Queen's Birthday weekend 2018 will see the 2nd year of this annual music festival held in Whitianga. The Mercury Bay Music Festival is a 2 day celebration for all ages covering a range of musical genres, from jazz, blues, folk, acoustic to world music.
Top artists from New Zealand, Australia and the USA will perform at centrally located venues within easy walking distance from the ferry to Ferry Landing.
Also on offer are workshops and masterclasses run by world class artists - from vocal techniques and songwriting to ukelele and guitar.
Flaxmill is located 1km from Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry across to Whitianga.
Full information and details about the 2018 event are on the Mercury Bay Music Festival website.
TIPs for the music festival
- When: TBC
- Getting there: Take a short walk to Ferry Landing and catch the 5 minute passenger ferry across to Whitianga
- Venues: Full information on MBMF website
- 2017 Artists included: Caitlin Smith, Paul Ubana Jones, Jed Parsons and more...
- Tickets: Available through Eventfinda
- And of course...Don't forget to book your accommodation at Flaxmill ;-)
flaxmill is only a 1 km walk to ferry landing...
- Turn left from our gates onto Purangi Road
- Follow the main road down to Ferry Landing Wharf
- Buy your tickets on the ferry (cash only)
- In less than 5 minutes you'll be in Whitianga