Not for Profit Programme
Big Toe Foundation (BTF) is a New Zealand-based charitable foundation which owns Flaxmill Bay Hideaway Ltd. (Flaxmill).
As part of its philanthropic activities, BTF supports those who support others. We do this by providing reduced rates to approved organisations that are doing good work; charities, churches, Not for Profit groups, social enterprises and other qualifying groups (and their team members); at certain times of the year, so they can:
- Have time out and recharge in a high quality environment
- Have access to quality conference and accommodation resources
- In certain circumstances (where mutually agreed), provide the opportunity for the group to support its own clients
The special rates offered are 50% off Flaxmill's equivalent rack rate and are available for bookings 1 April - mid December each year (excluding Easter and public holiday or popular event weekends). Bookings must be for a minimum of 2 nights.
To take advantage of this offer, an organisation first needs to apply for registration with BTF and be accepted. Once you have received notification of acceptance, you may contact Flaxmill directly with booking enquiries.
Please read through the full Framework and Special Conditions below and check our FAQs.
flaxmill offers you...
- Deluxe accommodation at reduced rates for eligible individuals, groups and their team members
- A peaceful environment to recharge, heal, spend family time or to help generate clear strategic thinking
- Adjacent to a lovely beach and conveniently located near many regional highlights
- Charming cottages for singles/couples and fully-equipped houses for families/groups
- For events - guest accommodation for up to 74 people (twin) plus optional 3-6 extras in sleeper Cabins (using central amenities)
- A modern Event Centre with central kitchen, cooking and dining facilities for your self-catering options
- Stunning grounds for group activities, team building or recreation
- Located in the beautiful Flaxmill Bay near Cooks Beach, within 2.5 hours from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga
- TAKE A 360° TOUR
Framework and SPECIAL conditions
- Eligible groups and individuals registered and accepted through Big Toe Foundation (BTF) are offered direct access to Flaxmill’s 'special rates' for stays within the date range 1 April to 20 December (excluding Easter and public holiday or popular event weekends).
- Registration acceptance is given at the sole and absolute discretion of the Trustees of BTF. A group or individual remains registered until either party (for any reason) advises in writing that they are withdrawing from the arrangement.
- For groups/organisations - access to these rates is given to; the group, their team members and (in some circumstances where mutually agreed) their clients, under the special conditions below. Team members are defined as employees, fieldworkers and volunteers who are actively and regularly working for, or on behalf of, the registered group. The status as a team member or client (if applicable) will be verified when a booking is requested.
- For individuals - access to these rates is given to you as a sole individual and the special rates apply to bookings for your own use only, they cannot be transferred to family or friends.
- This framework and special conditions is subject to change at any time.
Special conditions on these rates:
- They are based on a 50% reduction of Flaxmill’s equivalent rack rate for stays within the eligible date range set above.
- Stays outside these dates will be at the standard applicable rack rate for the season (no reduction will apply).
- Rates include GST and are subject to change.
- There is a minimum stay of 2 nights, up to a maximum of 14 consecutive nights.
- There are no special rates provided for campsite bookings. Standard applicable rack rate applies.
- Special rates are available for the Event Centre for a group's operational needs where 3 or more Houses are booked. These rates are not available for individual, team member or client stays (standard rack rates will apply). Event Centre rates are based on the size of the group attending and are seasonal.
- Catering costs, food, travel or additional services (if applicable) are not included in any rates. If applicable, the relevant costs will be paid directly to the service provider.
Special conditions on these bookings:
- Booking requests must be made, referred, or authorised, by the nominated Authorised Contact of the registered group.
- Stays for individuals, team members or clients are limited to bookings of one House or one Cottage at a time, unless special dispensation has been given by the BTF trustees.
- For individual, team member or client bookings, the House Rate covers the first 2 people with additional guests charged as extras - max. 6 people per House.
- For Non-Exclusive events, the Event House Rate is set at a minimum 4-people rate (regardless of the number of occupants) with additional guests charged as extras - max. 6 people per House.
- For Exclusive Use events, the Event House Rate is set at the full house rate for up to 6-people.
- For Exclusive Use events requiring extra accommodation capacity, a limited number of campsites may be made available (at standard rack rate). These are accepted at Flaxmill’s sole discretion.
Special conditions on payments:
- All credit card payments incur a 3% surcharge.
- A minimum 10% deposit is required to secure a booking. Deposits are non-refundable unless special dispensation has been given by the BTF trustees. They may be transferrable to another booking if the minimum notice period is given – refer Flaxmill’s Terms and Conditions for our cancellation policy.
Aside from the above ‘Framework and Conditions’, all bookings and payments are subject to availability and Flaxmill’s Rules of Occupancy and Terms and Conditions.