Not for profit programme
Big Toe Foundation (BTF) is a New Zealand-based charitable foundation which owns Flaxmill Bay Hideaway Ltd. (Flaxmill).
As part of its philanthropic activities, BTF supports those who support others. We do this by providing reduced rates to approved organisations that are doing good work; charities, churches, Not for Profit groups, social enterprises and other qualifying groups (and their team members); at certain times of the year, so they can:
- Have time out and recharge in a high quality environment
- Have access to quality conference and accommodation resources
- In certain circumstances (where mutually agreed), provide the opportunity for the group to support its own clients
The special rates offered vary from a 50% to 60% reduction on the rack rate, depending upon the length of stay. Bookings must be for a minimum of 2 nights. This offer is available post-Easter through to mid-December each calendar year (excluding public holiday and popular event weekends).
To take advantage of this offer, you first need to apply for registration with BTF and be accepted. Once you have received notification that your application has been accepted, you may contact Flaxmill directly with your booking enquiries.
Please read through the full Framework and Special Conditions below and check our FAQs.
flaxmill offers you...
- Deluxe 4-star accommodation at reduced rates for eligible indviduals, groups and their team members
- Charming Cottages for singles/couples and fully-equipped Houses for families/groups
- A peaceful environment to recharge, heal, spend family time or to help generate clear strategic thinking
- Adjacent to a lovely beach and conveniently located near many regional highlights
- For events - self-contained accommodation from 4-50 people (twin) plus optional 3-6 extras in sleeper Cabins (using central amenities)
- A modern Event Centre, with flexible spaces for small or larger groups
- Central kitchen, cooking and dining facilities for your self-catering options
- Stunning grounds for group activities, team building or recreation
- Located in the beautiful Flaxmill Bay near Cooks Beach, within 2.5 hours from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga
- TAKE A 360° TOUR
Framework and SPECIAL conditions
- Eligible groups and individuals registered and accepted through Big Toe Foundation (BTF) are offered direct access to Flaxmill’s special rates for stays post-Easter to mid-December (excluding public holiday and popular event weekends).
- Registration acceptance is given at the sole and absolute discretion of the Trustees of BTF. A group or individual remains registered until either party (for any reason) advises in writing that they are withdrawing from the arrangement.
- For groups/organisations - access to these rates is given to the group, their team members and (in some circumstances where mutually agreed) their clients, under the special conditions below. Team members are defined as employees, fieldworkers and volunteers who are actively and regularly working for, or on behalf of, the registered group. Their status as a team member will be verified when a booking is requested.
- For individuals - access to these rates is given to you as a sole individual and the special rates apply to bookings for your own use only, they cannot be transferred to family or friends.
- Flaxmill's Rates and Rate Structure is subject to change at any time.
Special conditions on these rates:
- Reductions vary from 50% - 60% off Flaxmill’s equivalent rack rate, depending on the length of stay.
- Rates include GST and are subject to change.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights, up to a maximum of 14 consecutive nights.
- Stays outside the date range set will be set at the standard applicable rack rate for the season (no discount will apply).
- Special rates for the Event Centre are available for a group's operational needs, not for individual, team member or client stays.
- There are no special rates provided for campsite bookings. Standard applicable rack rate applies.
- Catering costs, food, travel or additional services (if applicable) are not included in any rates. If applicable, the relevant costs will be paid directly to the service provider.
Special conditions on these bookings:
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Booking requests (including team member requests) must be made, approved, or referred by the nominated Authorised Contact of the registered group.
- For individual or team member bookings, a House Rate covers the first 4 people. Additional guests incur extra costs which will be applied at the same discount level as the rest of the booking (up to a maximum of 6 people).
- Stays for individuals or team members are limited to bookings of one House or Cottage at a time, unless special dispensation has been given by the BTF trustees.
- For group bookings or events requiring more than 3 Houses and for all Exclusive Events, the full 6 person House Rate applies regardless of the number of occupants.
- For exclusive events, a limited number of campsites may be made available (at standard rack rate) where extra accommodation capacity is required. These are accepted at Flaxmill’s sole discretion.
Special conditions on payments:
- Any credit card payments incur a 2% surcharge.
- A minimum 10% deposit is required to secure a booking. Deposits are non-refundable unless special dispensation has been given by the BTF trustees. They may be transferrable to another booking if the minimum notice period is given – refer Flaxmill’s Terms and Conditions for our cancellation policy.
Aside from the above ‘Framework and Conditions’, all bookings and payments are subject to Flaxmill’s Rules of Occupancy and Terms and Conditions.