Sleeper Cabins at Flaxmill, Cooks Beach
For travellers looking for quality 'backpacker-style' accommodation, Flaxmill has 3 Sleeper Cabins available from 1 October to 30 April. We call these our 'Explorer Cabins'.
These quaint cabins provide sleeping only accommodation for 1-3 people in a bunk bed (double bed with single bunk over the top). All bed linen is provided so you don't have to bring your own. Our Cabin guests use the nearby communal amenities in the central block - kitchen, immaculate toilets and showers, plus coin-operated laundry.
For those wishing their own fully-equipped facilities, our deluxe self-catered accommodation options will be more suitable.
Our explorer cabins offer...
- Quality backpacker-style sleeper cabins
- 1 double bunk bed + single bunk in each cabin (sleeping up to 3)
- A small table and two chairs, plus two outdoor chairs
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses and a tea towel are provided
- Bed linen provided (BYO towel)
- Pots, pans and cooking utensils available on request
- Immaculate communal facilities, kitchen and laundry
- Free Wi-Fi (with data cap)
- Use of the outdoor BBQ areas with gas bottles and picnic tables
- Only 1.5 km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- CAMPGROUND & CABINS are closed 1 May - 30 Sept (but the Cottages and Houses are open all year)
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and subject to change at any time
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.00pm - 6.00pm
- CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER CABIN RATE includes up to 3 people (including infants), guests use nearby communal facilities
- MAXIMUM 3 people and 1 vehicle per Cabin
- Free WI-FI available (with data cap)
- SERVICING: The Cabins are not serviced. It is expected that guests will keep their unit clean and tidy during their stay. A full clean will be undertaken by Flaxmill after checkout.
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am
- SHOWERS are coin operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING OR VAPING Flaxmill is a smoke and vape free property
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions