ConferenceS & retreats
Treat your team, colleagues or delegates and host your next 'getaway' conference, planning session or corporate retreat at Flaxmill. Enjoy a unique, relaxing environment within a 2.5 hour drive from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga.
With only birdcalls and lapping waves to distract you, our tranquil setting near Cooks Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula is an ideal destination for strategic planning and clear thinking. Our large grounds provide ample space for team building activities.
Flaxmill offers 'venue and accommodation' options for groups from 8 to 50 and are one of few such providers in the local Mercury Bay area. Guests stay in our superior apartment-style Accommodation and enjoy modern conference faciities in our Event Centre.
Exclusive use of the whole property can also be booked (subject to availability).
Our location is convenient to many off-site team building activities and we can give you some ideas and information that might best suit your group - from low cost options of digging a spa pool at Hot Water Beach or enjoying the Cathedral Cove coastal walkway to paid boat trips and fishing charters, kayaking, snorkelling, a round of golf or local craft beer and wine tasting.
Not For Profit Groups - You may be eligible for reduced rates on our Accommodation and Venue facilities. Find Out More >>
what we offer
- A modern business venue, high-end equipment and Wi-Fi
- Configurable event spaces that work individually or collectively
- Accommodation for up to 50 people (twin-share) in 2019, increasing to 74 in 2020
- A stunning setting and peaceful alternative to Whitianga
- Large grounds and outdoor areas for team building activities
- Walking distance to the 5-min passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Near Purangi Golf Course, Cathedral Cove walkway, Hot Water Beach and many other local highlights
- BYO beverage
- Flexible catering options - bring your own and use our central kitchen facilities
- Or... use one of our recommended Event Caterers
- Or... dine out at great local Cafes and Restaurants
- TAKE A 360° TOUR
We'd love to discuss your business event with you and answer any questions you have about our facilities. Please contact us through our enquiry form (we will respond promptly) or give us a call on 07 866 2386 to chat through your requirements.