ConferenceS & business functions
Treat your team, colleagues or delegates and host your next conference, planning session or business retreat at Flaxmill. We offer a peaceful, relaxing environment away from the rat race. With only birdcalls and lapping waves to distract you, our tranquil setting is an ideal place for strategic planning and clear thinking.
Located near Cooks Beach on the stunning Coromandel Peninsula, Flaxmill offers venue with accommodation packages for small to medium conferences and are one of few such providers in the local Mercury Bay area.
Guests stay in our beautiful Houses and Cottages with flexible options for groups of 4 up to 50 (twin-share) and enjoy modern conference faciities in our Event and Function Centre. For attendees who are wheelchair users or have reduced mobility, 2 of our Garden View Houses offer Accessible Accommodation.
All this, within a 2.5 hour drive from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga.
Not For Profit Groups - You may be eligible for reduced rates on the use of Flaxmill's Accommodation and Venue facilities. Find Out More >>
what we offer
- Modern Conference & Function Centre with high-end A/V equipment and Wi-Fi
- Deluxe accommodation for delegates or your team members
- 3 flexible spaces that can be configured to work individually or collectively depending on requirements
- Self-catering options - central kitchen, cooking and dining facilities
- Packages for small groups to exclusive use conferences for up to 50 people (twin)
- Stunning grounds and outdoor areas for team building activities
- Walking distance to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Near Purangi golf course, Cathedral Cove walkway, Hot Water Beach and many other local activities
- Close to some great local Cafes and Restaurants or we can help facilitate catering quotes with our Approved Event Caterers
- TAKE A 360° TOUR
NEED MORE INFO?
Please contact us with the details of your business function or conferencing requirements and we will be in touch promptly to discuss availability and associated costs.
Here's a couple of testimonials from people who have used Flaxmill for business purposes.
"50 people enjoyed an amazing weekend at Flaxmill for a Business Retreat/Conference. Each house is so welcoming, with beautiful decor, lovely outlook, set amongst manicured grounds. The housed have 3 double rooms (comfortable beds!) and 2 bathrooms, gourmet kitchen, gas fireplaces and extensive decks. The Conference area is also tastefully furnished and well equipped for purpose. It was warm and confortable. The 'camp' kitchen is well equipped, and we were well able to satisfy the needs of our 50 guests, nice crockery, glassware etc. The host/managers were most helpful and we had an amazing time. This is the second year we have held our event there and would recommend it as an outstanding location." - Coralie (May 2018)
"What a beautiful spot for our team planning retreat. We stayed in three of your houses, and felt instantly 'at home'. The picturesque surroundings were just perfect for allowing us all to slow down, and start thinking. Such gracious and thoughtful hospitality, too - everyone wanting to go the extra mile to make sure our stay was perfect - and it was!" - Fiona
"Stunning place, and locale, beautiful accomodation for 34 friends, with spaces for small lounge gatherings in the houses and in the gracious central lounge around the fireplace and in the conference and dining spaces. Catered on-site. We booked exclusive use of the whole site Friday-Sunday." - Oscar