Conferences & Retreats
Treat your team, colleagues or delegates and host your next 'getaway' conference, planning session or corporate retreat at Flaxmill. Enjoy a unique, relaxing environment within a 2.5 hour drive from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga.
With only birdcalls and lapping waves to distract you, our tranquil setting near Cooks Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula is an ideal destination for strategic planning and clear thinking. Our large grounds provide ample space for team building activities and relaxation.
Flaxmill offers 'accommodation and venue' options for groups from 12 to 80 and are one of few such providers in the local Mercury Bay area. Guests stay in our superior apartment-style Accommodation and enjoy the modern conference faciiities in our Event Centre.
Exclusive use of the whole property can also be booked (subject to availability).
Our location is convenient to many off-site team building activities and we can give you some ideas and information that might best suit your group - from low cost options of digging a spa pool at Hot Water Beach or enjoying the Cathedral Cove coastal walkway to paid boat trips and fishing charters, kayaking, snorkelling, a round of golf or local craft beer and wine tasting.
Not For Profit Groups - You may be eligible for reduced rates on our Accommodation and Venue facilities. Find Out More >>
what we offer
- A modern business venue, high-end equipment and Wi-Fi
- Configurable event spaces that work individually or collectively
- Accommodation for up to 80 (twin-share)
- A stunning setting and peaceful alternative to Whitianga
- Large grounds and outdoor areas for team building activities
- Walking distance to the 5-min passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Near Purangi Golf Course, Cathedral Cove walkway, Hot Water Beach and many other local highlights
- BYO beverage and flexible catering options below
- Bring your own food and self-cater or...
- Use one of our recommended Event Caterers or...
- Dine out at great local Cafes and Restaurants
- TAKE A 360° TOUR
Get in touch
We'd love to discuss your business event with you and answer any questions you have about our facilities.