BOUTIQUE ConferenceS & business events at Flaxmill
Treat your team, colleagues or delegates and host your next planning session, conference or business retreat at Flaxmill.
Located near Cooks Beach on the stunning Coromandel Peninsula, Flaxmill offers accommodation and venue packages for small to medium conferences and are one of few such providers in the local Mercury Bay area.
Stay in our beautiful Houses and Cottages with flexible sleeping layouts for groups of 3 people up to 38 (twin-share) and enjoy modern conference faciities in our Event Centre. Additional Sleeper Cabins can be provided for another 6 guests (twin share) if required for caterers or helpers.
From early 2018, our capacity for exclusive events will increase from 38 to 50 (twin-share) with two new Houses onsite. As well as providing extra accommodation, the new Houses will be accessible for guests or delegates in wheelchairs or with mobility difficulties.
Flaxmill offers a peaceful, relaxing environment away from the business rat race. With only birdcalls and lapping waves to distract you, our tranquil setting is an ideal place for strategic planning and clear thinking. For team building or activity ideas, see our Things To Do section.
All this, within a 2.5 hour drive from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga.
Not For Profit Organisations - Under a programme supported by Big Toe Foundation, you may be eligible for a generous grant towards the use of Flaxmill's Accommodation and Venue facilities (conditions apply). For more information, visit the Big Toe Foundation website or email us
what we offer
- Deluxe accommodation for your delegates or team members
- Modern Conference & Event Centre with high end A/V equipment
- 3 flexible event spaces that can be configured to work individually or collectively depending on requirements
- Packages for small groups to exclusive use conferences for up to 38 (twin) or 19 (single). Increasing to 50 people (twin) in 2018
- Stunning grounds and outdoor areas for team building activities
- 1 km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Near Purangi golf course, Cathedral Cove walkway, Hot Water Beach and many other local activities
- Close to some great local Cafes and Restaurants
- If required, we can help facilitate catering quotes with our Approved Event Caterers