Campground at Flaxmill, Cooks Beach
Enjoy a memorable seaside camping holiday at Flaxmill that you and your family will treasure for years to come! Pitch a tent or bring your Motorhome, RV or Campervan.
Open 1 October to 30 April, our boutique family campground is no impersonal large holiday park. Located in a tranquil bay near Cooks Beach, we have less than 40 campsites spread out within large, sheltered park grounds. As well as being generous in size, our sites are flat and grassy with tree shade from mature trees (very welcome in hot summer months). We also pride ourselves in our immaculate, clean communal facilities.
In addition to the campsites, there are a small number of Cabins on-site providing quality 'sleeping only' accommodation (guests use the communal facilities). For those looking for a fully contained option, we also have 1 bedroom Cottages and 3 bedroom Holiday Houses available.
For a great Location, Flaxmill Bay is hard to beat! Our campground is just across the road from a stunning, family-friendly beach and within easy walking distance to Cooks Beach, Front Beach and the passenger ferry to Whitianga. We are also within a 10-15 min drive from the popular Coromandel hotspots of Hahei, Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
Our Campground offers...
- Seaside camping by Cooks Beach open 1 Oct - 30 Apr
- Spacious campsites within a beautiful landscaped park
- Family-friendly with no smoking or vaping and a no noise policy after 10.30pm
- Immaculate communal facilities, kitchen and laundry
- BBQ and outdoor dining areas (gas bottles provided)
- Free Guest Wi-Fi
- Dump station for RVs / Motorhomes / Campervans
- Boat Wash Down and Water Tank fills
- Only 10-15 minutes drive from Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove
- 1.5 km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- For some tips of what to bring on your summer camping holiday - see our camping checklist
tour Flaxmill from the air
*Additional Campground info:
- CAMPGROUND & CABINS are closed 1 May to 30 Sept (Cottages and Houses are open all year)
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change at any time
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.00pm - 6.00pm
- CHECK OUT 10.00am
- SITE MAXIMUM ranges from 3 to 6 people depending on the size of the site booked
- PARKING & BOATS please refer to our Terms and Conditions about site limits
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots, pans and utensils as these are not provided.
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY from 10.30pm for the comfort of all our guests
- SHOWERS are coin-operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING OR VAPING Flaxmill is a smoke and vape free property
- ALL BOOKINGS are subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions