THE Campground AT FLAXMILL, cooks beach
Have a memorable seaside camping holiday at Flaxmill that you and your family will treasure for years to come! Pitch a tent or bring your Motorhome, RV or Campervan
Flaxmill's boutique family campground is no large, impersonal holiday park. Located in a tranquil bay near Cooks Beach, our park has only 44 campsites spread out within large, sheltered grounds. As well as being generous in size, our campsites are flat, grassy and offer tree shade from mature trees (very welcome in those hot summer months). We also pride ourselves on our immaculate, clean communal facilities.
In addition to our campsites, we also have a small number of cute Explorer Cabins onsite with sleeping accommodation only (guests use the communal facilities).
Location-wise, Flaxmill Bay is hard to beat. Our campground is just across the road from the stunning, family-friendly Flaxmill Bay Beach and within easy walking distance to Cooks Beach, Front Beach and the passenger ferry to Whitianga. We are also conveniently located close to the popular Coromandel hotspots of Hahei, Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach. See more on our Location , Local Beaches and Things To Do in the Mercury Bay region of the Coromandel Peninsula.
As we are a family oriented business, we are fully smoke-free and do enforce a no noise policy from 10.30pm - 7am for the comfort of all our guests - big and small.
For some tips of what to bring on your summer camping holiday - see our camping checklist
View Campground Plan
Our Campground offers...
- All year round family camping near Cooks Beach
- Generous sized campsites - limited to 44 sites spread out within the park
- Flat, grassy sites with shade from mature trees
- Quality, clean, modern communal facilities
- A family-friendly environment with no loud New Year's partiers
- BBQ and outdoor dining areas with gas bottles provided
- Dump station for RVs / Motorhomes / Campervans
- Boat Wash Down and Water Tank fills
- Easy walking distance to fabulous beaches
- Great location only 10-15 minutes drive from Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove
- 1km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
Take a tour of Flaxmill from the air
Additional Campground info:
- ALL RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.30pm - 6.30pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER SITE RATE includes first 2 people MAXIMUM 6 people and 2 vehicles (including boats) per Campsite
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- STANDARD SITES are all power accessible and include power charges in rate. NON-POWERED SITES are limited in number and have no access to power
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots, pans and utensils as these are not provided.
- WI-FI available with data cap, however we make no guarantees on the quality of the signal or its speed, especially during Peak Season
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am for the comfort of all our guests
- SHOWERS are coin operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking site
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions