Campground AT FLAXMILL, cooks beach
Have a memorable seaside camping holiday at Flaxmill that you and your family will treasure for years to come! Pitch a tent or bring your Motorhome, RV or Campervan.
Our boutique family campground is no large, impersonal holiday park. Located in a tranquil bay near Cooks Beach, we have only 50 campsites spread out within large, sheltered park grounds. As well as being generous in size, our sites are flat, grassy and offer tree shade from mature trees (very welcome in hot summer months). We also pride ourselves on our immaculate, clean communal facilities.
In addition to our campsites, we have a small number of Cabins on site providing sleeping accommodation only (guests use the communal facilities).
For a great Location, Flaxmill Bay is hard to beat! Our campground is just across the road from a stunning, family-friendly beach and within easy walking distance to Cooks Beach, Front Beach and the passenger ferry to Whitianga. We are also within a 10-15 min drive from the popular Coromandel hotspots of Hahei, Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
Our Campground offers...
- All year round seaside camping near Cooks Beach
- Large campsites spread out within a beautiful landscaped park
- Family-friendly environment with no smoking and a no noise policy after 10.30pm
- Immaculate communal facilities, kitchen and laundry
- BBQ and outdoor dining areas (gas bottles provided)
- Free Wi-Fi (with data cap in Summer)
- Dump station for RVs / Motorhomes / Campervans
- Boat Wash Down and Water Tank fills
- Great location only 10-15 minutes drive from Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove
- 1km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- For some tips of what to bring on your summer camping holiday - see our camping checklist
tour Flaxmill from the air
*Additional Campground info:
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change at any time
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.30pm - 6.30pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER SITE RATE includes first 2 people MAXIMUM 6 people and 2 vehicles (including boats) per Campsite
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- STANDARD SITES are all power accessible and include power charges in rate. NON-POWERED SITES are strictly limited in number and have no access to power
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots, pans and utensils as these are not provided.
- FREE WI-FI available (with data cap)
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am for the comfort of all our guests
- SHOWERS are coin operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking site
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions