Campground AT FLAXMILL, cooks beach
Have a memorable seaside camping holiday at Flaxmill that you and your family will treasure for years to come! Pitch a tent or bring your Motorhome, RV or Campervan.
Open from 1 October to 30 April, our boutique family campground is no large, impersonal holiday park. Located in a tranquil bay near Cooks Beach, we have only 37 campsites spread out within large, sheltered park grounds. As well as being generous in size, our sites are flat, grassy and offer tree shade from mature trees (very welcome in hot summer months). We also pride ourselves on our immaculate, clean communal facilities.
In addition to our campsites, we have a small number of Cabins on site providing sleeping accommodation only (guests use the communal facilities).
For a great Location, Flaxmill Bay is hard to beat! Our campground is just across the road from a stunning, family-friendly beach and within easy walking distance to Cooks Beach, Front Beach and the passenger ferry to Whitianga. We are also within a 10-15 min drive from the popular Coromandel hotspots of Hahei, Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
Our Campground offers...
- Seaside camping near Cooks Beach open 1 Oct - 30 Apr
- Large campsites spread out within a beautiful landscaped park
- Family-friendly environment with no smoking and a no noise policy after 10.30pm
- Immaculate communal facilities, kitchen and laundry
- BBQ and outdoor dining areas (gas bottles provided)
- Free Wi-Fi (with data cap in Summer)
- Dump station for RVs / Motorhomes / Campervans
- Boat Wash Down and Water Tank fills
- Great location only 10-15 minutes drive from Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove
- 1.5 km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- For some tips of what to bring on your summer camping holiday - see our camping checklist
tour Flaxmill from the air
*Additional Campground info:
- CAMPGROUND & CABINS are closed 1 May to 30 Sept (but the Cottages and Houses are open all year)
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change at any time
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.00pm - 6.00pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER SITE RATE Low Season includes first 2 people, Peak Season includes first 4 people
- MAXIMUM 6 people and 2 vehicles (including boats) per Campsite
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots, pans and utensils as these are not provided.
- FREE WI-FI available (with data cap)
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am for the comfort of all our guests
- SHOWERS are coin-operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking property
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions