campervan & motorhome SITES
Kia ora and welcome to all travellers exploring Mercury Bay and the Coromandel Peninsula in a Campervan, Motorhome or RV.
Located by Cooks Beach, Flaxmill offers generous sites with clean, well-equipped modern facilities in a unique environment surrounded by mature trees and beautiful landscaping. Just the spot for some R & R!
Open all year around, and close to many popular Coromandel attractions; Flaxmill is a convenient base from which to explore the surrounding area. Our friendly hosts Theresa and Steve can offer you helpful information and local Coromandel tips to make the most of your stay.
With the stunning Flaxmill Bay beach just across the road and other fantastic beaches within easy walking distance, you can set up your base and relax in our peaceful spot. Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove and Hahei are only a short drive (10-15 mins) away. The passenger ferry across to the town of Whitianga is only a short walk from Flaxmill. It operates regularly and only takes 5 minutes!
For those not travelling by campervan or motorhome, we also offer a wide range of accommodation – From 3 bedroom Houses, 1 bedroom Cottages, Sleeping Cabins and Tent Campsites.
Read our TripAdvisor Reviews – they speak for themselves!
what we offer motorhome guests
- A unique, peaceful alternative to busy holiday parks
- A stunning seaside location with a great beach across the road
- Generous, flat sites set in stunning private park grounds
- Easy access drive in and out - no tricky manoeuvres required!
- Clean, modern toilet and shower amenities with accessible access
- Well-equipped, large shared kitchen
- Dump station and Water Tank fills
- Outdoor BBQs (gas bottles provided) and picnic tables
- Laundry facilities (coin-operated machines)
- Powered sites available
- 10-15 minutes drive to Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove
- A short walk to the Whitianga passenger ferry
campervan / motorhome Rates
|Low Season||Shoulder||Summer Peak|
|1 Mar - 25 Dec 2017||15 Jan - 28 Feb 2018||26 Dec 2017 - 14 Jan 2018|
|Motorhome site Per Night|
|Non-powered (limited):||$40 (includes 2 people)||$60 (includes 2 people)||$105 (includes 2 people)|
|Standard (power included):||$45 (includes 2 people)||$70 (includes 2 people)||$115 (includes 2 people)|
|Extra guests (per night):||
$20 per adult
$10 per child (2-14 yrs)
$30 per adult
$15 per child (2-14 yrs)
$25 per adult
$10 per child (2-14 yrs)
Campground rates are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change
Additional Campground info:
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY WEEKENDS in Low Season are minimum 2 nights*
- CHECK IN 3.30pm - 6.30pm
- CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER SITE RATE includes first 2 people MAXIMUM 6 people and 2 vehicles (including boats) per Campsite
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- STANDARD POWER ACCESSIBLE SITES include power charges in rate. NON-POWERED SITES are limited in number and have no access to power
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots and pans and utensils as these are not provided.
- WI-FI available with data cap, however we make no guarantees on the quality of the signal or its speed, especially during Peak Season
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Guide Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am
- SHOWERS are coin operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking site
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions