campervanS & motorhomeS AT FLAXMILL
Kia ora! Welcome to all travellers exploring the Coromandel Peninsula in a Campervan, RV or Motorhome.
Located in Flaxmill Bay, Cooks Beach, our seaside camp ground is open 1 October to 30 April and offers large, powered campervan sites and clean, well-equipped modern amenities. Our unique environment surrounded by mature trees and beautiful landscaping, is just the spot for a relaxing stay.
With a stunning beach just across the road and other fantastic beaches within easy walking distance, you can set up your base in our peaceful spot and explore the nearby Coromandel attractions. Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove and Hahei are only a short drive (10-15 mins) away. The passenger ferry across to the town of Whitianga is only a short walk from Flaxmill. It operates regularly and only takes 5 minutes!
Our friendly Managers are always on-site to give you local tips to make the most of your stay!
what we offer guests...
- Large powered sites set within stunning park grounds - easy drive in / out (no tricky manoeuvres required)
- Seaside location with a beach across the road, nearby nature walks and historic landmarks
- Immaculate, modern toilet and shower block (plus accessible shower for wheelchair users)
- Well-equipped communal kitchen and coin-operated laundry
- Dump station, water tank fills, gas BBQs and picnic tables
- Non smoking environment and free Wi-Fi (with data cap)
- 10-15 mins drive to Hot Water Beach, Hahei and the Cathedral Cove walkway
- 1.5kms to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Discount for NZMCA members on campsites (outside of Peak dates)*
Tour Flaxmill from the air
Additional Campground info:
- CAMPGROUND & CABINS are closed 1 May to 30 Sept (but the Cottages and Houses are open all year)
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.00pm - 6.00pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER SITE RATE Low Season includes first 2 people, Peak Season includes first 4 people
- MAXIMUM 6 people and 2 vehicles (including boats) per Campsite
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots, pans and utensils as these are not provided
- FREE WI-FI available (with data cap)
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am
- SHOWERS are coin operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking property
- NZMCA discount applies to campsite bookings outside of our Peak Season dates
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions