campervanS & motorhomeS
Kia ora! Welcome to all travellers exploring the Coromandel Peninsula in a Campervan or Motorhome.
Located in Flaxmill Bay, Cooks Beach, our seaside Campground is open all year and offers large, powered campervan sites and clean, well-equipped modern amenities. Our unique environment surrounded by mature trees and beautiful landscaping, is just the spot for a relaxing stay.
With a stunning beach just across the road and other fantastic beaches within easy walking distance, you can set up your base in our peaceful spot and explore the nearby Coromandel attractions. Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove and Hahei are only a short drive (10-15 mins) away. The passenger ferry across to the town of Whitianga is only a short walk from Flaxmill. It operates regularly and only takes 5 minutes!
Our friendly Managers are always on-site to give you local tips to make the most of your stay!
Read our TripAdvisor Reviews – they speak for themselves!
what we offer guests...
- Unique, peaceful alternative to a large holiday park
- Seaside location with a great beach across the road, nearby nature walks and historic features
- Large, flat sites set within private park grounds - easy drive in and out access (no tricky manoeuvres required)
- Clean, modern toilet and shower amenities (plus accessible shower for wheelchair users)
- Well-equipped communal kitchen and laundry facilities (coin-operated)
- Non smoking environment and free Wi-Fi (with data cap)
- Dump station and Water Tank fills
- Outdoor BBQs (gas bottles provided) and picnic tables
- 10-15 minutes drive to Hot Water Beach, Hahei and the Cathedral Cove walkway
- 1.5kms to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
Tour Flaxmill from the air
Additional Campground info:
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.30pm - 6.30pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- PER SITE RATE includes first 2 people MAXIMUM 6 people and 2 vehicles (including boats) per Campsite
- CHILDREN 2-14 years, INFANTS under 2 years no charge
- STANDARD SITES are all power accessible and include power charges in rate. NON-POWERED SITES are limited in number and have no access to power
- KITCHEN includes large fridges, toasters, ovens and washing up equipment - Please BYO pots, pans and utensils as these are not provided
- FREE WI-FI available (with data cap)
- RUBBISH use council-approved blue rubbish bag (available at Office)
- SORRY NO PETS allowed on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am
- SHOWERS are coin operated $2.00 per shower (coins available at Office)
- WASHING MACHINE 35 mins/wash (uses $2.00 coins)
- TUMBLE DRYER 40 mins/dry (uses $2.00 coins)
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking site
- ALL BOOKINGS subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions