Boutique Coromandel Accommodation
Enjoy a relaxing break away at Flaxmill, boutique self-catered accommodation by the sea on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Located near the popular highlights of Cooks Beach, Cathedral Cove, Hahei and Hot Water Beach, Flaxmill has deluxe Houses and charming Cottages on-site. All our accommodation is nestled privately within beautiful landscaped park grounds. Two of the houses are wheelchair friendly for guests with reduced mobility who require accessible amenities.
With a lovely beach across the road and many nature trails to explore in the area, Flaxmill Bay is a tranquil alternative to Whitianga. The Whitianga township can easily be reached via the passenger ferry at Ferry Landing, only 1.5 km from Flaxmill.
Our location makes a great base for groups attending popular events such as the Leadfoot Festival the Mercury Bay Art Escape or the Whitianga Scallop Festival.
what flaxmill offers you...
- 4-Star self-catered accommodation open all year round
- 1 bedroom Cottages or 3 bedroom Houses
- Set within 5.5 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds
- Fully equipped for your stay with quality 100% cotton bed linen and towels provided
- The Houses have full kitchens, the Cottages have kitchenettes
- Wheelchair-friendly, accessible options available
- Friendly on-site Managers for local tips on enjoying the Coromandel
- Free guest Wi-Fi
- A stunning beach and Shakespeare Reserve, just across the road
- 1.5 km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Close to Hot Water Beach and the Cathedral Cove walkway
tour Flaxmill from the air
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change at any time
- BREAKFAST PACKAGES: For guests who book a "Bed with Breakfast" package, breakfast is served off-site in collaboration with Eggsentric Cafe (located within 300 metres of Flaxmill). A daily voucher (per booked person) will be given to guests at check-in which can be redeemed the following morning at Eggsentric from 9am - 12pm for one item on their breakfast menu plus one hot beverage. This option is available for stays Monday - Saturday from 1 November to 25 April (excluding summer dates 21st Dec - 2nd Feb and Easter). Breakfasts are provided for 2 people as part of the base rate. Extra people in the Houses can be booked at an additional cost per head.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ seasonally
- CHECK IN 3.00pm - 6.00pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- MAXIMUM 2 people per Cottage
- MAXIMUM 6 people per House (including infants)
- INFANTS under 2 years no charge if not using a bed or bed linen
- HIGH CHAIR AND COT available upon request (subject to availability)
- MAXIMUM 1 VEHICLE per Cottage and 2 VEHICLES per House (including boats)
- NO TENTS can be erected on the Cottage or House grounds
- ACCESSIBLE HOUSES There are only 2 on-site so availability is limited. Please let us know if you require these facilities when booking.
- SERVICING: As the accommodation is rented out as holiday homes, they are not serviced. It is expected that guests will keep the accommodation clean and tidy during their stay (cleaning products are provided). Flaxmill staff will clear rubbish and recycling bins and replace towels every three days. A full clean will be undertaken by Flaxmill after checkout.
- SORRY NO PETS on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY from 10.30pm for the comfort of all our guests
- NO SMOKING OR VAPING Flaxmill is a smoke and vape free property
- ALL BOOKINGS are subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions