coromandel boutique accommodation
Enjoy a relaxing break away at Flaxmill, boutique seaside accommodation at Cooks Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Located near the popular highlights of Cathedral Cove, Hahei and Hot Water Beach, Flaxmill has a combination of spacious 3 bedroom Houses and charming 1 bedroom Cottages on-site. All the accommodation is nestled privately within beautiful landscaped park grounds. Two Houses are wheelchair friendly for guests with reduced mobility.
With a lovely beach across the road and many nature trails to explore in the area, Flaxmill is a tranquil alternative to Whitianga, which can easily be reached via the passenger ferry at Ferry Landing, only 1.5 km from Flaxmill.
Our location makes a great base for groups attending popular events such as the Leadfoot Festival the Mercury Bay Art Escape or the Whitianga Scallop Festival.
what flaxmill offers you...
- Deluxe self catered accommodation at Cooks Beach and near Ferry Landing
- Set within 5.5 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds
- Fully equipped for your stay with quality 100% cotton bed linen and towels provided
- The Houses have full kitchens, the Cottages have kitchenettes
- Wheelchair friendly options available
- Friendly on-site Managers for local tips about the Coromandel
- Free Wi-Fi on site (with data cap)
- A stunning beach and Shakespeare Reserve, just across the road
- 1.5 km to Ferry Landing and the passenger ferry to Whitianga
- Close to Hot Water Beach and the Cathedral Cove walkway
tour Flaxmill from the air
- RATES are in NZD, include GST and are subject to change at any time
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY and POPULAR EVENT rates may vary from the standard rate set for the season
- MINIMUM NIGHT requirements differ depending on the season
- CHECK IN 3.30pm - 6.30pm CHECK OUT 10.00am
- MAXIMUM 2 people per Cottage
- MAXIMUM 6 people per House (including infants)
- INFANTS under 2 years no charge if not using a bed
- HIGH CHAIR AND COT available upon request (subject to availability)
- MAXIMUM 1 VEHICLE per Cottage and 2 VEHICLES per House (including boats)
- NO TENTS can be erected on the Cottage or House grounds
- ACCESSIBLE HOUSES There are only 2 onsite so availability is limited. Please let us know if you require these facilities when booking.
- SERVICING: As the accommodation is rented out as holiday homes, they are not serviced. It is expected that guests will keep the accommodation clean and tidy during their stay (cleaning products are provided). Flaxmill staff will clear rubbish and recycling bins and replace towels every three days. A full clean will be undertaken by Flaxmill after checkout.
- FREE WI-FI (with data cap)
- SORRY NO PETS on site (except Service Dogs)
- NO NOISE POLICY between 10.30pm - 7.00am
- NO SMOKING Flaxmill is a non smoking site
- ALL BOOKINGS are subject to availability and our Terms and Conditions